2020 has certainly been a year to remember! This pandemic has wreaked havoc in our nation, and I know we all want to get past this and put it behind us. The governor of Virginia has just given us new Coronavirus mandates. Masks are now mandatory. I understand that no one likes to wear a mask but this is what we must do to get control of this virus. Therefore, we need to look on the bright side and change our perspective about the mask situation. If we change our focus and choose to focus on the positive, then we can accept what is, change our feelings, and peacefully get through this.
Therefore, I’ve come up with eight benefits of wearing a mask. You know how the old saying goes, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” So here are some alternative (and somewhat humorous) perspectives on wearing a mask so that you can feel good about the mask that you’re wearing. Proverbs 17:22 says, “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.” According to Numerology.center, “the number 8 in the Bible is a new beginning, it is a number of hope, and new horizons, and [a] bright future.” So here you go, The Eight Benefits of Wearing a Face Mask:
1. It filters bad odors and keeps your nose from being knocked off.
2. If you have food between your teeth after a meal, nobody will ever know.
3. If you have bad breath, the mask will hold back that green cloud coming out of your mouth.
4. If you’re a woman, you can leave your house without wearing makeup and not scare anybody.
5. if you are engaged in a boring conversation with a person, they will never see you yawn.
6. if someone says something crazy to you, and you have a negative expression on your face, the person will only be able to see half of it.
7. In the wintertime, the mask will keep your face warm and keep you from having to wear a ski mask.
8. You can talk to yourself behind the mask without people thinking you need to be in a mental institution.
So wearing a mask it’s not so bad after all, is it? There’s a bright side somewhere, and every cloud has a silver lining. Comedy is not really my gift, but give me a break. I did try! But all jokes aside, this is an important issue, and if we want to get control over this Coronavirus pandemic, then we need to do our part and wear a mask. It’s not a political statement. it’s a scientific protocol that works.
Deuteronomy 30:19 says, “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.” Let’s make the wise choice to wear a mask and choose life not only for ourselves but for those around us. We can do this!
What are your thoughts abourt wearing a mask during the pandemic? Please leave a comment below.
Image courtesy of Tonik via Unsplash.com
|View this email in your browser|
MY NEW BOOK KEEPING CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS IS NOW AVAILABLE!
Praise be to God! The paperback and Kindle versions of my new book Keeping Christ in Christmas: Thought-Provoking Ideas for Making Jesus the Center of Your Child’s Christmas Holiday is now available for sale on Amazon.com! My goal is to present to parents with an alternative tradition that will keep Christ firmly anchored at the center of their family’s Christmas holiday. To get your copy today, click on the link below!