When I met with God in my quiet time the other day, I heard Him say to me, “I want to lavish my love on my people. I want to pour out my goodness upon them, but I must prepare them for it.” I believe that is what God is saying to you today. He longs to be gracious to you (Isaiah 30:18). That means He wants to send good people into your life. He wants to shower you with possessions that will bring you joy and give you the desires of your heart. He wants you to be blessed to be a blessing. Let’s take a look at several verses in God’s Word to support this thought:
- “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10).
- “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” (Luke 12:32).
- “Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant” (Psalm 35:27).
- “If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures” (Job 36:11).
- “I lavish unfailing love to a thousand generations” (Exodus 34:7 NLT).
God is like any good earthly parent in that he wants to shower His kids with blessings. However, while He is all about pouring out His goodness on you, His child, as Bishop T.D. Jakes would say, the caveat is this: He wants you to have things, but He doesn’t want things to have YOU.
Therefore, if we are to receive the goodness of God we have to be prepared for it. If we are not prepared and our hearts are not right, God’s goodness will become a curse and destroy us. That means the Lord has to increase our capacity for increase through a customized preparation process. He cannot pour “new wine into old wineskins.” Therefore, I challenge you to take inventory. Have you expanded your thinking to include the following trains of thought?
- Expect God to be good to you and perceive Him as a loving Father.
- Hold on to people and possessions loosely and be ready to release them when God directs.
- Tithe and put God first in your finances to show that you trust Him and honor Him.
- Have a generous spirit and sow seeds of generosity so that you can reap a harvest.
- Make positive confessions, knowing that you will never become rich with a poor mouth.
- Let your motive for wanting to receive His goodness be to love and bless others.
- Recognize that whatever you have in your possession is a gift from Him and belongs to Him.
Beloved, let’s keep expecting God to be good to us. He longs to lavish His love upon us, but we must have the right mindset that will be sustained even long after He has blessed us. Our God has unlimited resources, and when we are mentally and spiritually ready (and He knows precisely when the shift in us has taken place), we will be well able to receive the manifold blessings He has waiting for us at the next level.
What are your thoughts about God’s blessings and prosperity for His children? Which train of thought above resonates with you the most?
I’d love your help in spreading the word about my books, Oasis for My Soul: Poems and Inspirational Writings for Spiritual and Personal Growth. Click here to find out ways you can help.
Would you like to receive your FREE e-chapbook entitled, Your Faith Has Made You Whole: Poems and Inspirational Writings for Spiritual Transformation, by Tracey L. Moore? Go to www.traceylmoore.com and subscribe to the email list.
Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TraceyLMoore2012
Follow me on Twitter: @TraceyLMoore1