There is one thing that is sure in this life, and that is CHANGE. Change can be very unsettling at times. That’s why I am so glad that God has also given us as Christians certain constants in life. These are “anchors,” if you will, that keep us rooted and grounded in our faith. When we meditate on them and refuse to let the devil and the circumstances we go through in life to cause us to forget certain truths, we stay hopeful and joyful. I like to call them “The Constants of the Christian Life.” We need to strive to maintain a constant awareness of the following God-given constants in our lives:
- God’s Word. Jesus said in Matthew 24:35, “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.” God’s Word is constant and His promises are sure. When we have change going on all around us, the Word of God is timeless, and it always works.
- God’s love. God said in Jeremiah 31:3, “I have loved thee with an everlasting love.” In Romans 8:39, the Apostle Paul writes, “[Nothing] shall be able to separate us from the love of God.” It’s so good to know that God loves us no matter what. His unconditional love is an anchor for our souls. How freeing it is to know that even if we don’t always perform perfectly, He will love us anyway.
- God’s presence. God said in Hebrews 13:5, “I will never leave you or forsake you.” God is always with us. We may not feel His presence, but we need to know that regardless of how we feel, He is with us because the Word says He is. Even in your darkest hour, if you believe the Lord has abandoned you, it’s only because you have chosen to take the bait of the enemy. Make up in your mind that you choose to believe God is with you no matter what is happening in your life.
- Our worth and value. No matter what happens to you, what people do to you, or what they say to you, you are infinitely valuable. God has assigned value to you and nothing can change that. In fact, God said, no ransom is big enough for your life (Psalm 49:7). God sent His Son to die for you. Therefore you must be of great worth! So never let anyone or anything cause you to devalue yourself based on what has happened in your past or what is going on currently in your life. God has spoken.
- Our righteousness. God said our sin has been exchanged for His righteousness. The exchange has been made, it’s permanent, and there is nothing the devil can do about it. Hebrews 10:14 says, “For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.” Therefore, wear your robe of righteousness well and never let the devil deceive you into thinking that you have lost your righteousness. Isaiah 54:17 says, “Their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.” Regardless of what you think or feel, your righteousness is not up for debate, and you can’t lose it for any reason, no matter how you feel.
- Eternal Life. Jesus said in John 11:25-26, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” Therefore, once your dead spirit has been brought to life upon believing in Jesus and receiving salvation, it will never die again. Eternal life is a constant for you. It’s not just for when we get to heaven. We have eternal life right now! That is great news.
Therefore, let’s meditate on these truths, Beloved. When we do, our identity in Christ becomes solidified. When we know who we are in Christ, we will be able to live out that identity before a dying world. When we live out that identity, that’s when the body of Christ will become all that she was meant to be, Jesus will be lifted up, and masses of unbelievers will be drawn into the Kingdom of God.
How has God kept your soul anchored in difficult times? Do you have a testimony? Please leave a comment below.
I’d love your help spreading the word about my books, Oasis for My Soul: Poems and Inspirational Writings for Spiritual and Personal Growth and The Exceptional Man: Love Poems and Inspirational Writings Celebrating Godly Men and Great Relationships. Click here to find out ways you can help.
Would you like to receive your FREE e-chapbook entitled, Your Faith Has Made You Whole: Poems and Inspirational Writings for Spiritual Transformation, by Tracey L. Moore? Go to www.traceylmoore.com and subscribe to the email list.
Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TraceyLMoore2012
Follow me on Twitter: @TraceyLMoore1
Image courtesy of cbenjasuwan via FreeDigitalPhotos.net