I pray your new year has gotten off to a great start. To keep that momentum going, I want to remind you to focus heavily on maintaining God’s view of who you are in Christ. As a child of the King, you need to be thoroughly convinced of your right standing before God. It’s important that you yourself as God sees you if you ever want to reach your destiny. You have to know who you are in Christ to the point that Satan cannot make you question your righteousness. Therefore, in the year 2016 and beyond, purpose in your heart to have a firm grasp these truths:
- You are loved. Jeremiah 31:3 says that God loves you with an everlasting love. Furthermore, nothing can separate you from His love (Romans 8:34-39). Finally, I John 4:18 says, “Perfect love casts out fear.” God loves you perfectly, so be assured that He will take care of you and meet your needs.
- You are accepted. Ephesians 1:6 says you are “accepted in the beloved.” Everyone else may reject you, but God never will. He said those that come to Him he will “nowise cast out” (John 6:37). When you truly know you are accepted by God, then you can accept yourself, no matter what others think of you.
- You are approved. You have the approval of Almighty God Himself. Therefore, no one can heap judgment and condemnation on you without your permission. Romans 8:1 says, “There is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.” Even when you are struggling to overcome sin in your life, remember this: when God looks at you, He sees Jesus.
- You are valued. You are valuable because God says so. Psalm 49:8 says that no ransom is big enough for your life. Jesus paid the ultimate price when died for you. That says it all. Your infinite worth has been declared by God, and no one can diminish your value by their words or actions.
- You are blessed. Romans 4:8 says, “Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.” You are blessed because you know Jesus, and you are in the Kingdom. We have been redeemed us from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:13). You are blessed coming in and going out (Deuteronomy 28:6), and the devil can’t do anything about it!
- You are highly favored. Psalm 5:12 says, “Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.” That means that He will cause people to be good to you because of His love for you and your right standing with Him. Psalm 23 declares God’s goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life. Therefore, expect Him to be good to you, and He will open doors for you that no man can shut (Revelations 3:8).
Now, go ahead and declare out loud,” I am the righteousness of God in Christ!” It’s imperative that you come to the place where you are rooted and grounded in your belief in the areas of love, acceptance, approval, value, blessing, and favor. When you are covered by the Blood of Jesus and know who you are in Christ, the devil will not be able to defeat you. He cannot deceive you into getting offended and cause you to walk in unforgiveness. He can’t thwart you with fear. He can’t extinguish your faith. When you are convinced of your righteousness in Christ, Satan cannot shake you. He cannot throw condemnation on you; he cannot beat you down with guilt, and consequently, he cannot keep you from reaching your destiny. So meditate on these truths today, let them saturate your heart, and walk in the peace, assurance, and confidence of knowing who you are in Christ. Hallelujah!
What insight has God given you about knowing who you are in Christ? Please leave a comment below.
I’d love your help spreading the word about my books, Oasis for My Soul: Poems and Inspirational Writings for Spiritual and Personal Growth and The Exceptional Man: Love Poems and Inspirational Writings Celebrating Godly Men and Great Relationships. Click here to find out ways you can help.
Would you like to receive your FREE e-chapbook entitled, Your Faith Has Made You Whole: Poems and Inspirational Writings for Spiritual Transformation, by Tracey L. Moore? Go to www.traceylmoore.com and subscribe to the email list.
Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TraceyLMoore2012
Follow me on Twitter: @TraceyLMoore1
Photo courtesy of Stuart Miles via freedigitalphotos.net