If we want to experience the joy of the Lord, it’s imperative that we focus on the positive aspects of our lives. God is altogether positive, and His Word is all about positivity. Therefore, if we want to represent God accurately to the world, we, the saints, must strive to be positive people. Here are some ways to stay focused on the positive:
- Count your blessings and praise God for them. There will always be something in your life that could depress you if you let it. Satan will see to that. Don’t let the devil get the best of you. Focus on the good things in your life and give gratitude to God for those things (I Thessalonians 5:18).
- Focus on the good in yourself and others instead of flaws and weaknesses. Everyone has good and bad points. If we focus on the bad all the time, we will wallow in self-condemnation, and we won’t enjoy the ones we love. You must deliberately focus on the good (Philippians 4:8). When you do, flaws—yours and theirs— will fade into the background.
- Meditate on the promises of God. God’s Word is about His positive outlook which He wants us to adopt. Meditate on His promises in spite of what your circumstances look like. He said in Joshua 1:8, when you do so, you will make your way prosperous and you’ll have good success.
- Look for opportunities in the difficult situations you face. God says in Romans 8:28 that all things work together for the good of them that love the Lord and are the called according to His purpose. Therefore, in every difficulty, there is an inherent opportunity. Whenever you face a difficult situation, look for the way that it can work to your advantage.
- Expect good in your life. Even if things have not been so great in the past, don’t let that define your outlook for the future. Expect God to be good to you. 2 Chronicles 6:19 says, “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.” He is looking for an opportunity to show out in the lives of those people who will just believe Him.
- Celebrate milestones that occur in your life. Many times, we fail to celebrate our accomplishments. We let them go by unacknowledged. When you accomplish a goal or reach a milestone, make it an occasion for celebration. It does not have to be elaborate. At least take the time, however, to do something to reward yourself. That is a way to maintain a focus on the positive.
I think God is pleased when we deliberately focus on the positive. He wants us to be like Him. Let’s make the effort to make our Heavenly Father smile by focusing on the positive things in our lives and giving Him praise and glory for them.
Have you got a praise report? Please share it by leaving a comment below.
I’d love your help spreading the word about my books, Oasis for My Soul: Poems and Inspirational Writings for Spiritual and Personal Growth and The Exceptional Man: Love Poems and Inspirational Writings Celebrating Godly Men and Great Relationships. Click here to find out ways you can help.
Would you like to receive your FREE e-chapbook entitled, Your Faith Has Made You Whole: Poems and Inspirational Writings for Spiritual Transformation, by Tracey L. Moore? Go to www.traceylmoore.com and subscribe to the email list.
Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TraceyLMoore2012
Follow me on Twitter: @TraceyLMoore1
Take a trip down a spiritually poetic trail, and dare to become your best for Christ.
Photo courtesy of Stuart Miles Photography via freedigitalphotos.net.